Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Window Trim

A late day, Columbus Day project completed yesterday, the small windows in our front room needed to be trimmed out.  It has been a long time coming.  I ready to design and build the fireplace mantel.  I had to have the windows trimmed out before I could start the mantel--placement of the top shelf could have interfered with the underside of the window.  All of the trim in the house looks like this so I just had to go to one of the other windows and copy what I did to make the ones out in the addition.  

I used pine as the trim will be painted (the mantel will be cherry).  I used a lot of the scrape wood I had in the basement for this project.  Nice to be able to use all that wood up and still make it look nice.  I had to buy corner moulding and miter cut that around the corners.  Funny how I forgot all my tricks to do this quickly and accurately.  The second window went much quicker than the first.  


No comments: