Monday, July 30, 2012

Shelves for a friend

My friend Tina asked me to build her shelves for a small desk area in her kitchen. She wanted them to match some existing shelves on the other side of the kitchen. I was able to match some of the edge detail with a router bit.
Hanging the shelves was a bit of an ordeal. Her husband Jerry and I spent around two hours hanging them. We were using the product Zip which just screws into the wall. Each one can hold 50 pounds of weight. The first two shelves went in easily. The ones to the right were a bear. Not sure what the dry wall on that side was- maybe first generation dry wall. It wasn't thick enough and it was hard like a rock. The Zip product just spun then ate up the wall too much.
She loves her new shelves and I think they look like they have always been there.

No comments: