Friday, July 13, 2012

Garage Siding is Done!

Today my friend Jerry Scacchitti came over to help me finish up the garage. The back of the garage is just as challenging as the front, except it was missing the huge whole for the doorway! Jerry and I were able to do from the ground to about seven feet up in a little under 2 hours. We then spent 3 hours on the cuts for the angled sides.

A little memory bubble for the project today was watching my friend side while he took a conference call on his blackberry, listened to music playing and me talking. Every once in a while he would take the call off mute to add to the conference call then return right to siding! Amazing

Pretty much a side per day this week. Not bad for a few hours of sweating and working. Totally worth it to me to save the difference between hiring out for this work. The siding cost about $1200 and I figured I worked a total of 20 hours on the siding project.

Bought the siding material from B & L Wholesale, Rochester NY. Free delivery and the will take back any unused materials.

Pictures show Jerry in various stages of work. The last pic is the completed back. The ladder is still there to fit in the eaves- that will be another day.

No comments: